Friday, May 08, 2009

Resiliance & Grace


Four months today. Four. Since my world supposedly crashed down around me. That's what it felt like. And two months later, it still felt like that. But here, here on the mark of four months, it feels almost like that never happened. Like it was a story someone told me. (Perhaps this is an indication that I'm not in touch with my emotions enough?)

I still wonder. And I still have moments of extreme sadness. And I still think about when the inevitable "bumping into" will happen. But those moments are fewer. And they're farther between now.

Resilience is a skill. A talent. A blessing. And I've always had it. Thank god. Grace is also a skill. A talent. A blessing. I've not always had it. I'm learning it, though. To take things with it. To understand things with a sense of it. To move through world with some. It'll come.

2 comments:

Cheryl Boss said...

dmuGrace IS something your blessed with. Not sure you can learn it. You just need to accept it when it comes to you.You are simply becoming more awareof it and are ready to let it come.

Cheryl Boss said...

dmuGrace IS something your blessed with. Not sure you can learn it. You just need to accept it when it comes to you.You are simply becoming more awareof it and are ready to let it come.