Friday, September 04, 2009

Summer 2009


Me, Kelly, Ashley, Nikki, Becca, Allie and Youngmi during our AmeriCorps celebration trip to the Boston Harbor Islands, 2009.

Now a tradition, here is my 2009 "What I Did Over My Summer Vacation" Post.

-Went white water rafting in Maine - did my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th months of FitCamp (had to stop wearing my contacts in August because the sweat running into them was burning too much!) - trained to be a Civic Reflection Facilitator by the Project on Civic Reflection in Chicago - saw Away We Go with Maya Rudolph, John Krasinski, and Dave Eggers at the showing! - ran three 5Ks and one two-miler! - saw Kathy Griffin live - launched Never Cease Photography - met a cousin I'd never met before - was in the same room (albeit a giant conference center room) with Michelle Obama - visited San Francisco - ate lots of CSA veggies - grew zucchini, beans, radishes, cukes, basil, and lettuce - donated double red cells - spent another 4th of July at Cobbetts Pond - saw Michael Franti & Spearhead, twice - saw Goonies on the big screen at midnight - had an overnight in JP with the Clinton kids - said goodbye to 4 AmeriCorps staff members - and hello to 5 new ones - finally visited Burlington, Vermont - camped on the shore of Lake Champlain - went canoe/kayaking with mom and dad after getting rained out twice - presented a writing workshop to 6 little kids at 826Boston - went to a wedding in Kennebunkport, Maine, in which the groom promised during his vows to always love the bride, even if she was disfigured in a tragic shark attack - visited with the Dailey family - hosted my sister and niece for a sleepover at my house - went to 2 Sox games - got brand new $500 brakes - made 56 ounces of homemade pesto with the basil from my garden - was a First Thursdays artist in JP - thoroughly enjoyed myself as always!

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

2 comments:

sit10 said...

I usually describe you as "my friend who is living more of life than the rest of us."

Cheryl Boss said...

You make each moment count. You are the poster child for "This is not a dress rehearsal."
You forgot that you organized and funded a project for the men of the Friday Night Supper program. A prime example of how much of you time is spent for the good of others. Kudos to how you live your life.