Friday, October 01, 2010

Friday 5 - New Month!

(My own photo, taken in VT last winter.)

This week's Friday 5 is DROPS.

What was the last thing you dropped on the kitchen floor?

Food. Onion pieces, specifically. I am a very messy cooker, trained by an even messier cooker, my mother. I routinely drop food all over the floor when I'm cooking. Then I have to clean it all up afterwards. Which I'm not very good at either. Sometimes I find old pieces of whatever when I'm sweeping two weeks later. I know: gross.

What cough drops do you like, and do they work very well?

I usually buy those natural ones, store brand. Cough drops are expensive! I like ones with menthol in them, because I don't really use cough drops very often but it's nice to get a clear nose to go with my soothed throat.

Who was the last person you dropped off somewhere?

Um.....it's been a while, which is weird. So I'm turning this around. I picked up my roommate from the airport on Saturday when she landed from Stockholm via London after a two week business trip. Then I dropped her off at home, but that doesn't work because I live there too so I went inside with her.

When were you ever dropped like a bad habit?

Never that I know of. I would rather this read "Who have you ever dropped like a bad habit?" And so, I shall answer that question. Almost 2 years ago, I found out an ex-lover/friend had cheated on me all along and had lied to me for over a year. I called him up, told him I found out, read him the riot act, hung up and I have never spoken to him ever again. We have mutual friends, so I've been aware of some of his comings/goings since then, and he actual emailed me about 11 months after everything went down, and I ignored/deleted that. He can still bite me. Bad habits be damned.

What are your favorite kind of raindrops?

Absolutely none. I hate the rain. Anyone who knows me knows I hate the rain. I hate getting wet when I don't mean it. (I even hate being wet a little even when I do mean it.) This is only in this decade. I think it's because for 2 years when I was living in Thailand and teaching diving, I was wet all the time. Wet bathing suit, wet clothes, hot and sweaty weather. And my skin hated it. So now I've developed a psychological reaction to it. There have been days when I have had to walk to the T in the rain and am almost crying by the time I get there because I'm getting so wet and I hate it so much. I know: crazy.

HAPPY FRIDAY! RABBIT, RABBIT!

No comments: