Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A New Car!

http://www.scion.com/showroom/xa/gallery/

This is my new car. I'm a little bit in love with it. It's a Scion xA and it's wicked cute. Toyota makes it, so it'll go for a long long time. It's got good cargo space when you put the seats down, and I can control the radio from the steering wheel. Did I mention it's cute?

I've never owned a new car before. Ever. I once bought a dealer rental, which they let people use when they needed something, that had 19,800 miles on it when I bought it. This car had 9 miles on it when the sales guy picked me up at the JFK T-stop yesterday in it and let me drive it back to the dealership in order to finalize the purchase. 9 miles! YAY!

It's blue. It's called Indigo Ink. Nice.

It smells like new car inside.

I'm going to obsess over every little mark on the outside of it even though for years I'd've hardly noticed if someone had splashed paint on my car or taken the bumper with them as a momento. :) Now I'll notice every little thing, I'll have to get used to that.

The old car, poor dear, broke and died on the way to Vermont last weekend on the side of Route 89 off the desolate exit 12A where there is nothing, in George's Mills/Sunapee, New Hampshire. This was exactly 107 miles from my mechanic in Boston, so I still owed AAA a bit of money after the first free 100 miles they towed it. I paid only $1600 for that car in September and I got $200 on the trade, so that's $280 a month I paid to drive that little car. Learning to drive a stick with confidence, though? Priceless.

Yay for new cars! Next up? New apartment next month. Lots of changes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I just got ours a few weeks ago - we love it! We are waiting for the day we don't feel we need to park in the furthest spot away from the store, though - and please let us stop obsessing about dings and things!

It's a terrific car - congratulations!

keith & shane

Anonymous said...

I like that you have not had to change the name of this blog.