Saturday, April 05, 2008

New Toy!

My sister bought me a full-day class through Brookline Adult Community Education called "Mindfulness: A Retreat." It was cancelled and rescheduled and the second time the instructor didn't show up. So she got her money back and I just bought myself a kick-ass Christmas-in-April present.



Why haven't I ever owned a food processor before? I've had blenders in apartments in the past, but I've never owned one. Why? What the hell is the matter with me?

I just made a carrot, celery, pear, apple, mint, ginger, pear juice smoothie and it was amazing. I've been very bad lately about getting enough fruits and veggies. It is hard when I'm out 4-5 nights a week at work events or board meetings or whatever else I'm doing. And lunch, well, I just get lazy and try to claim that the lettuce/tomato/onion on my turkey sub will suffice. So, here's to a new leaf. To going back to my days of eating plenty of what's good for me. And this time, I get to have fun doing it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's get your blender and crockpot together and see what develops!

Bernadette Coveney Smith said...

Be careful, and remind me to tell you the story about the 25lb bag of carrots.