Friday, May 02, 2008

What a difference a day makes.


Sometimes, things really do turn around. On their asses. 180 degrees. In only a moment.

I had one of those on Wednesday night, of the painful and horrifying variety. When I woke up Thursday morning, I realized the significance of it. In order to let it really sink in, and make sure I didn't miss the importance, I took the day off from work on Thursday and spent it as a day of wisdom and reflection. I let it wash over me, really felt it, and made sure I recognized its meaning. I came out the other side of Thursday's self-imposed retreat a better woman, a stronger person, and clear about where I'm standing in the world.

If I ever question the space I'm in now, I only need to remember where I was and what I was feeling and saying at noon in Salem. But I'm pretty sure I'm not going to question it. Some things just aren't in doubt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope we can talk about this on our day together. The turth nearly always comes from within.

Anonymous said...

or the "truth." which perhaps would have made my statement more meaningful. ;o)