Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My sister's wedding


My sister married her longtime boyfriend, Suneel, in a traditional Hindu ceremony capped by a Catholic exchange of vows and rings on Saturday, May 6. The festivities began Thursday morning and didn't conclude until Sunday morning. It was a long, amazing, intense weekend. My brother and I realized how much we appreciate each other as we worked together to make Susan and the rest of our family happy and comfortable and (hopefully) blissfully unaware of the small fires we put out. My parents were champs, flowing with a ceremony that was totally foreign to them.

I am going to miss everyone a lot when I go, but I realized this weekend how much. I love my family a lot and I'm worried about how I'll get by without them. I'm so pleased for my sister, but still trying to figure out how I forgot to prepare for the fact that she's married now. :)

1 comment:

Caroline Bender said...

Thanks for the pics! I admit I haven't viewed them yet because Kodak wanted me to create a profile, and I was in a big hurry. But I will look at them soon. Sit10