Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Dinner Soup





I made this up Sunday night after I got home from a delicious Easter dinner at my parents' house, armed with leftovers and not sure how I was going to eat them all in my crazy week. You could still make this tonight and have a lovely lunch for the rest of the week. If it's too late, clip and save for next year. Enjoy!

Easter Dinner Soup

In a large stock pot, put 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and some chopped up garlic.
Let it get hot.
Add a can of chopped tomatoes, whatever flavor you want.
Add chopped up ham leftover from dinner.
Add chopped up green beans left over from dinner.
Add chopped up baked potatoes (or red potatoes or whatever) left over from dinner.
Add 1 cup of water.
Add 1 cup of milk (whole, skim, whatever you like).
Add 1 teaspoon of salt (more to taste if you like).
Add 1 teaspoon of pepper (more to taste if you like).
Add whatever is in your fridge that you need to use and would be yummy in this soup (I added half a can of black beans I had left over).

Stir and heat. Not too long, since everything is already cooked.

Eat and enjoy. I swear, it's really really good. I've had lovely lunches both days this week so far.

No comments: