Friday, August 31, 2007

Summer 2007



the "Karen B", a lobster-boat at Spectacle Island in Boston Harbor









What I did this summer...

- planted a garden - had a visit from a Peace Corps friend - celebrated 5 cousins' and friends' graduations - helped save gay marriage in MA - hosted brunch for my family at my new apartment - celebrated my sister's 10 year college reunion with her and her friends - got involved with Jamaica Plain's neighborhood group, Neighbors for Neighbors - went to LA to visit - published an article on a dating blog, and got paid! - hired 5 new staff members at work - saw the author of two of my favorite non-fiction books (Shadow Divers and Crashing Through) speak - got drunk in Nashua - went canoeing with my brother, his girlfriend and her Pug - had dinner at new friends' apartment and then hosted them for dinner - did laundry in a laundromat for the first time in years - visited Martha's Vineyard overnight and stayed at the hostel - saw an amazing show at ImprovBoston - was published twice in the new BostonNOW free daily paper - saw three Sox games at Fenway - participated in the 2-mile road race before the Chelmsford 4th of July Parade - froze to death on the 4th in the wind and rain that night - saw the 16 Tiffany's windows in Arlington Street Church, which I didn't even know were there - was interviewed on Armchair Traveller, my friend's radio show in Worcester - saw the Hopper exhibit at the MFA - went to three WBOS concerts on Copley - started volunteering at the Friday Night Supper Program - went to the sand castle festival at Revere Beach - volunteered at the Nametag Project event at Fenway Park - visited NYC to visit my sister and her husband with my brother and his girlfriend and then met up with her brother who lives in the city - had an ultrasound - went on a moonlight canoe trip on the Charles - made my signature guacamole twice for parties -found a financial planner - kayaked on Squam Lake in NH - spent the day on Block Island - went to a concert in Christopher Columbus Park downtown - was one of the artists for First Thursdays art exhibits in JP - went to Atlanta for a training - went Ziplining in NH - learned how to transfer a photocopy to canvas using an acrylic medium - had dinner with a high school friend who I haven't seen since 2001 - babysat for my best friend's children - mowed my parents lawn for three weeks after goading them into firing their slacker high school mower-kid - stopped using the JP Library and moved over to the other JP branch, Connolly because the women at the JP branch are rude - went on a tour of Fenway Park - spent an entire weekend at my great-grandparents' (now my aunt and uncle's) cottage at Cobbett's Pond in NH - joined the board of directors of a small nonprofit organization - spent 8 hours out exploring the Boston Harbor Islands - participated in my street's Labor Day block party - read a lot of books - harvested more green beans than I can count, about 20 radishes, 4 cucumbers and a handful of tomatoes, all grown on my deck! - ate fried clams at Brown's in Seabrook - had a great summer!

2 comments:

Cheryl Boss said...

Yay for you! You did more in one summer than most people do in a life time.

Anonymous said...

you snuck in that ultrasound... what's up with that?