Friday, September 03, 2010

Friday 5

A blog linked to my blog, written by growing-up friend, Marla, had this post today. It's a super cool idea and is brought to us by http://www.friday5.org. My answers are below. Check out Marla's here.

What are the coolest and ugliest tattoos you’ve ever seen?

I love sleeves of any kind. I don't even really notice what designs make them up. I just love that people have the balls to do it and how awesome they look. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about:



Ugliest? A woman I saw yesterday had dots tattooed up the back of her legs, like the seams in stockings. They were weird and I wasn't a fan.

Have you ever had a meal in which squid ink was an ingredient? How was it?

If I did, I didn't know it. But if I did, I wouldn't mind. I love all kinds of weird food and will try anything.

Are you one of those people who has a favorite pen, or one of those people who just uses whatever’s at hand? What’re your favorite pens like?

Totally. I have a serious addiction to Pentel Twist-Ease .7 mechanical pencils and cannot live without mine. This summer alone, one got lost and another stopped working. I had to go out and get more that same day. Pens, yes. I vary a lot, but I like black better than blue and hate ink rollers that write too quickly. I dig a really good ballpoint. I still like writing long hand, but it tires me out. I generally only do it when travelling.

There’s a box of colored markers on the table, and someone tells everyone assembled to grab one. If you have first pick, what do you take?

Red.

Have you ever written on a wall in a public place?

I don't think so. At first I thought "Well, surely I've done that," but now I'm second guessing. I think not. I've stolen so many signs (street, traffic, restaurant, ski-area, etc) that all the petty criminal activity begins to blur together.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Marla said...

Love it! The Friday Five is a longstanding tradition - it's lots of fun and it gives me something to talk about. ;) I hope you continue doing it, and I will try to keep up with it as well!