Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Karen Cares About Boston

I got it! I'm the Director of Programs for Boston Cares! It's only been 6 weeks (to the day, I think) that I've been home and I've just landed my dream job. I'm so psyched. Check out what they are all about at www.bostoncares.org.

I will join the non-profit world and begin a new career on November 1. I an sure I will bridge back to higher education through non-profit and the world of volunteering in Boston and the connections that can be made on campuses.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE and their words of support over these past weeks. I love you all and I am so blessed to have such friends and family in my life.

Keep checking back here. I'll chronicle my adventures as I begin a new one, doing good in the world, here in the U.S., here in Boston.

3 comments:

Cheryl Boss said...

Wait until the people of Boston find out just how much Karen Cares.

Get ready BOSTON !!!!!

Cheryl Boss said...

HOW IRONIC IS YOUR LIFE ??

JUST AMAZING THAT Bostoncares WAS 'BORN' AT THE PIZZERIA UNO'S IN HARVARD SQUARE.

HERE YOU ARE LAUNCHING YOUR BIRTH INTO NON-PROFIT AT PIZZERIA UNO'S AND Bostoncares.

IT DOESN'T GET MUCH WEIRDER THAN THAT.

IT WAS JUST MEANT TO BE.

bobby main said...

thats awesome! i'm happy for you! congrats, you deserve it. :)

-bobby