Monday, October 23, 2006

Yo tengo mucho respeto por camareras


I have a lot of respect for waitresses...And I'm incredibly glad that I don't have to do this much longer.

The Top 5 Most Amazing Things About Waiting Tables Full-Time

5. How much my body hurts. I am not 23 anymore, and let me tell you, my body knows it.

4. How anyone does it. The next time that young woman waits on you, think that it's possible that she does this full-time, 40 hours a week, on her feet. Tip well.

3. That I already feel at home in a restaurant that I've only worked in for 2 weeks.

2. Working a double. This means I got there at 10:30, had a 15 minute break at 2 and was cut and went home at 11:30. That's 13 hours, on my feet, never stopping, moving, getting people what they need. It was one of the most physically hard things I've ever done.

1. That even though it feels good to work only 5 hours and walk away with $50 or 6 hours and walk with $85, when you do the math, you still can't earn much more than $25,000. a year. Hard work for not quite enough to live independently in Boston. Amazing.

No comments: